Thankful

Last week was Thanksgiving, and the social media sites were overrun with gratitude posts.  The week before Thanksgiving, one of the sites that exists to encourage us in our marriages had posted a challenge for us wives to take that week leading up to Thanksgiving and daily write down 7 things that you were grateful for regarding your husband.  If you followed the instructions, you ended up with a list of 50 things!  I sent the post to the leader of our ladies Bible study group, who passed the challenge on to the group.  She also challenged her four sons to come up with two things for each of their siblings each day.  I'm not sure if anyone other than her and I actually took up the challenge, but I found that when I started thinking about it and writing things down, more things would pop into my head, and I actually ended up with more than 50, and new things come to me every day.  The Word says to meditate on those things which are true, noble, just, lovely, and of good report.  I found this to be a good way to focus on the positive things, and I think that it is helpful, especially in a society that tends toward the negative.  So, I would like to challenge you to come up with one thing every day that you are thankful for about your spouse.  Think of those attributes that attracted you to him/her in the beginning.  None of us are perfect, but when we focus on the positive, I believe it can help to keep our attitudes toward them more positive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment