It's a Wonderful Life

I am sitting in my cozy little grotto of a home surrounded by the beautiful mayhem of grandchildren; one laughing and squealing as she helps me dig through my Christmas ornaments and decorate the tree, the other wailing inconsolably because he isn't feeling well.  This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am a blessed woman.  For years I have worked with the elderly, and been asked by countless little ladies how many children I have.  I always smiled and told them, "I heard that grandchildren are more fun, so I am planning to have them instead.  I haven't figured out the logistics yet, but when I do, I will let you know."  I never did have any children of my own, but when I married Philip, I immediately acquired three grown step-children, two grandchildren, and over the past two years have added two more grandchildren.  I have so enjoyed building relationships with each of them (children and grandchildren alike), and pray that what is built will speak to each one of grace and love and Jesus.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment