Open heart, Open home

I was young and a bit lost so many years ago
She opened her home and her heart to me
I stood by and watched as she humbly demonstrated what love looks like
What it looks like in the midst of an insane and lost world
How to care for a home and a husband, and even small little ones
She could have turned me away, assuming I was a lost cause
But she showed Christ to this broken girl, and it made such an impact
So, tonight, as she opened her home again to me
We shared a meal
Our husbands talked
Our children played
I saw her heart once again
Reaching out to a sister, and a friend

As my home is filled each week with girls like myself each week
Sometimes lost
sometimes broken
sometimes hungry for Christ
I look forward to a night such as this
When they may return to my open home
With their children in toe, and husband who fears the Lord
And see once again my heart for the Lord and for His people

0 comments:

Post a Comment