Balancing Everything

    
     Balance is tricky. When the holidays come around, it's as if, one is on a beam that has a ball under it and they balance everything on their shoulders. Then someone places more items onto their shoulders. They now have more to balance, for a short while.
     What is balance? Balance is when you go to work and have not forgotten important items. When your kids are fed and loved, but every whim isn't catered to. Your home is not perfectly neat, but dust bunnies aren't everywhere either. When your pets have food, water and love, but don't have more toys and a larger wardrobe, then most kids you know. When your budget meets your needs and any extra has a designated place to be. It would be nice if my life were like that always, but it isn't.
     At holiday time, I have Christmas cards to sign, address & stamp, gifts to buy and wrap, decorations to put up, programs and dinners to be involved in, and attend. The list goes on. Life is a balancing act. Sometimes I fall off of the beam and land on my butt. I mean, I inadvertently forget to do this or that, cards aren't mailed, I'm late to an event, sleep is lost and I hold my morning coffee and pray, "thank you God for coffee, Your morning gift to me, bless You". No really, I've done that.
     I have simply decided to enjoy the season, the best way I'm able. I watch an occasional Christmas program on TV with my family, then wrap the presents when commercials are on. I have been sick, instead of trying to cram baking into my schedule later,  I didn't bake this year. Instead, I attended a local bake sale and bought items others made to support churches and local organizations. I didn't spend much more money then I would have, had I baked all items myself. This way no one will get my horrible cold/congestion, and those I normally take baked goods to, will not be neglected. I read the bible before I go to bed, even if it's only one verse. I am not decorating as much, but it's not forgotten. My home may not be perfect, but It isn't a disaster. I have determined to let the peace of God, grace our home and enjoy this time. May you all be blessed in this season of joy and balance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment