Storm Chasers

 

Life for me lately has been a bit of a whirlwind. OK...really it has been more like a category 5 hurricane followed by a massive flood. I say hurricane because this particular storm is a slow moving one. It builds up momentum way out in the distance and then moves in with the relentless power to destroy everything around you. Finally, there is a calm. But then you realize that it is just the eye of the storm moving over you, and you pray as you brace yourself for the grand finale.
  In the midst of my storm there have been moments of reprieve.... moments of peace.... moments of laughter.....glimpses of hope. However, when the winds pick up again I find myself running around trying to regain a sense of control....a feeling of stability...a reason to sing. And even though I may attempt to keep everything bundled up in a nice package with a pretty bow, in reality it is more like trying to lasso a tornado.
  When we give our lives over to Christ we automatically think that He will simply dispel the storm and rescue us from having to deal with the aftermath. What I have come to discover in my own life is that sometimes the storm has a greater purpose than destruction. Maybe, just maybe the storm is intended to change the landscape for the better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment