I want to eat!

One of my sons  has had many struggles with eating over the past three years. Thanks to countless prayers, two years of weekly occupational therapy, and four weeks at a feeding clinic at Hershey Medical, he has made significant improvements. One of the things we have been working on with him lately is to finish a meal in a reasonable time frame. Left to his own devices, he will easily sit at the kitchen table for more than two hours before he finishes eating a small meal, even if it is something he likes to eat. Many times when I remind him that he needs to keep eating, he will loudly exclaim, "I want to eat!". Those words don't mean much to me because his actions don't support that assertion. Although his declarations seem almost ridiculous to me, if I am honest, I do the same thing in other situations. For example, I often set a goal of being more faithful in my daily Bible reading. I need to just do it! Nourishing my soul each day is just as important as feeding my body. I pray that some day my desire to read the Word will be so strong that going a day without spending time in the Bible would be as painful as going a day without eating any food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment