Serendipity

     I love to have my friends over.  I love to plan parties. I remember when I was young and my parents would have people over for dinner and games.  We'd clean the whole house, plan menus, and wait in anticipation.

     When I became a family of my own, I couldn't wait to have my friends over and make fun plans, but it wouldn't seem to ever pan out.  The busy-ness of life would prevent them from coming or if they came, they were obviously worn and tired.

       Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of running out the door at the last minute with friends who had no plans.  Out of one text, we had a lovely adventure.  Pedicures and a picnic were the highlights of a day unplanned at first.

     It seems in this world of sports, meetings, jobs, and overtime, ninja  planning a free form afternoon when things work out at the last minute, is the best route.  Call your friends, throw food in a box, and go play.

    The world around us is best tackled with friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment