Uncorked

I am sitting in Out Of The Ashes' rehearsal tonight, listening to the creativity that has been unleashed since their recording session several weeks ago.  Last year was a year of waiting on the Lord, developing songwriting skills, and waiting on the Lord; a very frustrating year for my task-oriented husband, who was beginning to wonder if anything would ever happen.  There were no concerts or travel, only a vision for a recording at some point in the not-too-distant future.  During that time, they developed two original songs; one written by my sister, and the other by my husband.

As I said, several weeks ago Out Of The Ashes recorded those two songs along with two covers.  I was able to be there to watch the whole process, and I watched each band member be challenged and pushed, sometimes almost to the breaking point.  There were some overwhelmingly emotional moments; we all sat and wept as we listened to my sister record the vocals to her song, Little Girl Lost.  The last song, Higher, stretched everyone the most, and the results blew us all away as God showed up in the studio.

Since then, the emails, phone calls and texts have been flying, and new songs, arrangements and ideas have been flowing like a rushing river out of each member.  The excitement and inspiration within the band is palpable.  There were also previously undiscovered giftings and talents that were revealed that weekend that are being developed, as well as opportunities for Jeanne's original song to possibly be used by some national organizations.  The first concert is coming up at the end of the month, and I am so excited to see what God is going to do that night, and where this is all going to lead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment