Our Protector

 
As a child I underwent quite a few surgeries. When I was a middle schooler, one of those surgeries was aborted because one of my lungs collapsed after they put me under anesthesia. When I woke up in the ICU, the medical staff did not realize I had regained consciousness. At one point I overheard the anesthesiologist saying over and over again "please don't die" as he paced at the foot of my bed. I am sure there have been many times the Lord has spared my life when I wasn't even aware I was in any danger.
 
At 1:00 am on May 30, 2012 I awoke to the realization that I was lying in a pool of blood. My husband called our neighbor so one of them would come over and watch our children while he rushed me to the hospital. Over the next several hours the medical staff told me repeatedly that they might have to take my son by c-section to save my life, but if that had happened my son would not have survived because he needed to stay in my womb at least seven more days to be deemed viable by the NICU. It was one of the scariest days of my life. We had several more scares and blood transfusions over the next almost ten weeks that I was hospitalized or on bed rest, but the Lord sustained my life as well as the life of my son, Oliver. As I cuddle him in my arms, I am filled with gratitude that the Lord carried us through a very difficult pregnancy and an at times precarious stay in the NICU. What a great and mighty God we serve!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment