Eyes to see

I write this today with one wounded eye
It is red, irritated and looking into light causes immense pain
Today is better than yesterday, but i am reminded of how bad it is when i see others and their response to my wound
My other eye, however is great
Looks, feels and can see great
It is as if my sight is double sided
There was a time in my life when I was spiritually wounded
Not by others, but by my own sin, a choice I had made
You could see it in my face, my heart was not right with The Lord
It caused immense pain to look toward Him, for I knew...
Then there were times I could just get dressed up and waltz into church
Talk the talk and walk the walk, speaking all the Christianese I knew
My spiritual life wass double sided
How about you?
Would you rather just cover up one side of you
Live without authentic community with God
Lord, I pray for healing
I pray that we would recognize and address our wounded eyes in life
Thank you Lord for your healing hand

0 comments:

Post a Comment