A Healing Gift

The first Mother's Day after I gave my son to a wonderful Christian couple to adopt my boss asked me if I was a mother. He was buying all the mothers roses and needed to 
know how many to purchase. I told him I had a son that I had given to a couple to adopt. When the time came to give each mother a rose, I didn't get one. That hurt me.
I have been blessed by God, to have a relationship with my son and his family throughout his, now 16, years. His birthday is often next to, or on Mother's Day. This year, my mother, husband, daughter and I went to visit, for Luke's birthday and stayed for Mother's Day. This was the first Mother's Day I was ever with Luke. This year after we all went to his church together, which was another first, Luke gave me a rose, card and candy. My first gifts from him for Mother's Day. I told him of the rose I did not receive, the first mother's Day after he was born, and that 15 years later, he gave me that rose. He leaned over and gave me a big hug. The rose and that hug, were God's healing touch I had longed for and finally received. God knows exactly what we need, when and how to give it to us. Joel 2:25
"So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,". Praise God for restoration and His healing touch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment