God Gave Us What We Needed

When we lived in FL our daughter begged & pleaded for a dog. She wasn't raised with her half brother or much older steps sisters. She had neurological problems which were getting better at the time. We started looking for a dog, but were having trouble finding one.
I came home from work one day, to find my husband & daughter with two unknown people in my home. There was a little ball of fur at their feet. Sarah saw me & said, look at our new puppy mommy! Paul corrected her, That's up to your mom Sarah. I took one look at this little Chihuahua/Shih Tzu, tan & white puppy, so small, with his pleading beautiful big brown loving eyes, then said, how could I say no, to that? I then found out, that he came with everything he needed, at no charge. Since our finances were very tight at the time, this could not have worked out any better. Wow, a total God thing. Sarah named him Scooby-Doo. He looked more like Scrappy-Doo but that was Sarah's favorite show then, so it stuck.

Scooby -Doo has had his naughty moments, as all puppy dogs do, but he was too cute to remain mad at for long. God simply gave us a big gift in a small package. We couldn't find what we wanted, instead, God gave us what we needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment