Wishes


     I love dandelions.  I love them flat out.  I know what you are thinking.  "Great.  Someone else making excuses to not do lawn work."  Well, no.  I mow and from time to time poison, but when I do, I think of the thousand wishes made in childhood.  I think of how I'd lie in the yard with my sister and fill up the sky with dreams.  Now as a grown up with many happily ever afters to be truly grateful for, I find myself drawn to the dandelion clock as a happy place.

     When spring brings them stretching back to life, I rejoice.  I instantly feel fresh West Virginia breezes and see my seven year old self running through fields of flowers.  As an adult, I patiently sit through Home owner association meetings that ramble on about the benefits of Scotts Turf Pro, but I put my fingers in my ears and hum.  God made them bright, cheerful, interactive, and doggedly persistent.  I can't help but think that there is a message there for me from Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment