Over a decade ago I began a journey.  A journey of sleepless nights and sticky kisses.  No one told me it would be easy, no one said it would be this hard....yet many said it was not worth it.  Alas, this journey has brought me to the place of celebration this very week.  For I am the momma who is celebrated around the table.  With a fine linen cover, china dishes presenting their best, and a lovely dessert to end our feast.  It is Christ in me! A sacrifice.  Gone are the days of sleeping in, welcomed by mornings of puckered faces with toast and jam.  Laundry, dishes, band aids, bunk beds, and questions from short ones I never thought I would be asked.  A calling to do life with the least of these, and make disciples.  A call to love The Lord our God with all my heart, with all my mind and all my strength.   This love will pour out and make an impression on my sweet little children.  And so we celebrate...the ones who call me mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment