The Journey for Answers

When Sarah was born, she was very alert. She began to search for
her daddy when she first heard him speak. The nurses were amazed
at how attentive she was & exclaimed how intelligent she must be.
I took Sarah to her standard doctor appointments, as any parent
would do. After she received her vaccinations, I noticed that her
eyes didn't seem to be able to focus & her temperament changed.

When Sarah was about 2 years old, I told her not to do something.
She continued again & again doing the exact same behavior. I
would discipline her afterward, and then it dawned on me, this is
not normal behavior. Why is she not understanding? Discipline is
used to correct wrong behavior, but this is like the 20th time I have
disciplined her for the same thing. This began our journey to find
what was different about Sarah, what the cause was and how to fix it.

God hasn't ever given me a neon sign with detailed instructions, as
I would have liked, when it came to raising Sarah. However, He has
been there every step of the way, leading and guiding. Without Him,
I can do nothing, BUT, through Christ, all things are possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment