Take Me Instead



When it comes to my family, sacrifice is simply another opportunity to show love in a tangible way. I want to show my kids the same kind of love God shows me, that "I won't let you fall so far that My love can't reach your hand as it reaches for Me." It's not about short-tem "success." It's not about honor and reputation. It's about the long haul, and it's about their future. I want my kids to look back some day and know I really CARED, and was happy to give them my time. I want them to especially hold onto the Truth, no matter what the world's wagging tongues are saying at any given time, and to become better people for it....and I am far from perfect, and I hurt, and don't have all the answers. I just pray that God helps me to get up off the floor after being knocked down, to stand between my family and the world if need be. When my family comes under fire from something that has become unjust, to threaten to destroy us, may God give me strength and peace to stand in the gap to say, "Enough!" Until my children have the ability to withstand the twisted world on their own, I pray God helps me to prepare them and be a filter for excessive harshness.  Take me instead.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment