"I figured I'd let God take care of you"

We were not the only ones to notice that our daughter Sarah
was different from other children. When we would go to a
restaurant, invariably, when our order arrived, one of us would
need to take Sarah out, so those around us could enjoy their
dinner. She would become uncontrollable. One time, while with 
my parents, we had to leave the restaurant entirely because 
she began screaming, while others looked on in disgust.

Sometimes you don't know the whole of your story until you share
it with others. My husband was asked to speak & I sing for a very
small congregation. He spoke of my one fallopian tube being removed 
and the other being severely damaged. No cause was found but in an
effort to fix me, I was put on a medicine that shut down my reproductive
system. By the grace of God, I found out that this drug could have killed 
me, should I have continued with it, as instructed. We were told that we
would not likely have children, and if I ever became pregnant, I would 
have to be watched very closely. All this I knew, then he said, "We 
prayed for a child, and God gave us Sarah without any doctor intervention
at all." Afterwards I asked, "Why did you lie & tell people we prayed for a
child?" He said, "I prayed." I said, "well that would be a nice thing to 
discuss with me first, don't ya think?" He said, "I figured I'd let God take 
care of you."

We began taking Sarah to Children's Hospital. They told us her hearing was 
fine, but her speech was severely delayed. They could not test for neurological
problems until she was 5. Since Sarah's birth was a total God thing, and never
supposed to happen, I guess I figured she would be an easy child. However, God had a different plan that was unfolding before my eyes, I just couldn't see it at the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment