Breathing


"In Him we live and move and have our being."  When you're pregnant that Scripture hits home in a new way.  There's a tiny being living and moving inside of you.  I usually got a little crazy as delivery got closer.  Kurt quit questioning late night trips to buy dish towels and a freezer full of lasagna.
I'm starting to get the same kind of urges over my novel.  I've been working on it for five years or so, and in the beginning it was quite content to move along three or four hours on Saturday night.  Not so anymore.  I find myself rereading material.  I constantly evaluate progress, and I'm looking for as many ways to squeeze out more writing time as I can.
It's a book with a deeply spiritual purpose and just as I had to rely on God for each child's development, I have to trust him for this paper child's development as well.  I can't make the writing good.  In fact at the moment I'm happy if I can say it's not bad.  I can only follow the Spirit's breath as he lives and moves inside my being.

0 comments:

Post a Comment