Pray It Forward

   Last Monday was a rough day. (Understatement) ...... Our family has been dealing with some tough stuff for several months now, but for some reason this particular day brought overwhelming anxiety. I battled between my mind, spirit, and body over the difference of what I believe and what was staring me in the face. My body revolted and began giving in to a full blown panic attack. Heart palpitations, dizziness, nausea, trembling, ears ringing, and room spinning sensations made normal functioning impossible. I was beyond anxious. I was terrified! I finally ended up having to take medication to combat the physical symptoms that were overtaking me.
   The next morning I learned of some difficulties that a friend of ours is facing. As the day went on, the panic that had rendered me useless the day before kept trying to rear it's ugly head. I decided that since I couldn't do anything to change my own circumstances, I would purposely pray for my friend. So I did. A few days later, I was talking with my brother in law who told me that he and my sister had been sensing an urgency to pray for me that week. And they did.
  I may not have been able to pray for myself, but I could believe for God to move on behalf of my friend. And while I was doing that, someone else was believing and praying for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment