Listen, When Spoken To

While pregnant with Sarah, my husband worked in the coal
mines of WV. I took care of the house & checkbook. As I drove to
"town", I intermittently took my gaze from checkbook to road, in
order to get the paperwork done before arrival at the bank. A thought
crossed my mind, pull over to the side, then do the checkbook.
I knew it was the Holy Spirit & I thought back, well if I do that I
won't have enough time to get to the Holy Week Services, do You
want that? A few moments later, more sternly, pull over, then do
the checkbook. I was like, "I don't have time, O.K."? Another few
min. & sharply, "PULL OVER NOW". "NO, I can't, I won't get it
all done". Then, as if hands were removed from me I heard, "O.K.".
I looked up quickly, to see my vehicle headed straight toward the
guide rails. I slammed on the brakes, turned the wheel sharply &
lost control while my anti-lock brakes locked. My SUV went on it's
side as I instinctively put my arm out to suspend my 7 month pregnant
belly, to protect the baby. As I did this the window that supported us
broke and my arm was scraped across the road. Thankfully the person
who stopped first, knew what to do. I was taken to the hospital. Paul
arrived later panicked. It takes at least 45 min. to simply get out of the
mines, then 30 min. to get to the hospital. I didn't go to any services,
the bank or stores. I did however, have a lesson outside of church.
God taught me to pay attention, as He clued me into what to do next
through our daughter's life. Without His leading & guiding, I have no
idea where she would be today, if at all. Now, when discouraging
circumstances happen surrounding her, I rest more easily in the fact
that God has a purpose for her here & now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment