It's Always Like Springtime With You

Ahhh! Spring is finally in the air.  Flowers are starting to appear, birds are singing, trees are budding.  I am thinking of all the weddings that I will be attending, beginning in a few weeks, and several songs based on the Song of Solomon are playing in my head. 
"With you I will go; you are my Love, you are my Fair One.  Winter has passed and the springtime has come." (Dance With Me,  from Paul Wilbur's Lion of Judah album and Jesus Culture's Consumed album) 
"See the winter is past and the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth, and the season of singing has come.  Cooing of doves is heard, the fig tree forms its fruit, and the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.  Arise, come, my darling, my beautiful one.  Come with me, come with me, come." (Arise, from Heather Clark's album, Dark Yet Lovely)

In these songs I hear the voice of Jesus as the Bridegroom, calling out to me to come away with Him; come and spend time getting to know the Lover of my soul more intimately.  Being a newlywed, and still in the "honeymoon stage" of my marriage, you would think that it would be easy for me to do.  After all, I do whatever I can to be able to spend as much time with my husband as I can, which has been challenging the past few weeks because of the craziness of our schedules.  But I make the time for my husband.  Why is it so much more challenging to make time to quiet my soul and spend more time with the Lord?

I am so thankful for His grace.  He loves me despite my excuses, and continues to call my name.  
"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." (Song of Solomon 2:13)


0 comments:

Post a Comment