A glimpse of heaven

Although I enjoy worshipping with fellow believers at my local church, I really treasure those times when I have the opportunity to worship with a larger, more racially and theologically diverse group from time to time. I attended a Christian college where attendance at our chapel service each day was mandatory. This was the highlight of my two years there. I was inspired by many wonderful speakers such as David Jeremiah and Lucy Swindoll, but what I enjoyed the most was singing hymns and praise songs along with about 2,000 other students. Last week I attended a Casting Crowns concert. As much as I enjoy listening to that band, my favorite part of the evening was when they stopped singing so we could hear the audience singing together more clearly. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought once again, this is a taste of what I will experience in heaven some day when the walls that divide us here on earth will be torn down. What a glorious experience that will be to some day sing praises together with an immense throng of believers representing every race, many different denominations, and every language group. Oh that will be glory for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment