Snow, Family & Love

At age 10, the snow fall was thick as I looked outside my door,
At that moment, I thought, what is this good for?
 My next thought was, this will never do,
When I am grown, I'll live where it's warm & leave all of you.
 A few years ago, I moved to Florida, a cozy warm place,
The bugs are huge and crawl fast, as if it's a race.
I made some good friends, my daughter & husband did too,
We found a church home, and great jobs, whoohoo!
My family was far away now, on several holidays we didn't arrive,
My dad became ill and we missed the last Christmas he was alive.
My mother-in-law became ill, just after dad had passed,
She said, "take my home" but surely her time on earth was more vast.
The doors opened in West Virginia, soon after her offer came,
All the doors in Florida closed, we could no longer remain.
We moved to her home, a mile from where we previously lived,
Three months later she passed on, no more love to give.
Now, as the snow drifts to the ground from high above.
I thought, why am I here, oh yeah family, I'm here for love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment