A slow learner

I've told myself countless times that worry doesn't help, and it certainly increases my stress level. Will I ever truly learn this lesson? I resigned from my job two months ago to become a stay-at-home mom. Before we had children, my husband and I agreed that I would resign after we became parents, but those plans changed seven years ago when he decided to become a full-time student. My husband completed his degree two months ago, and over the last five months I have helped him submit forty-three job applications thus far. Over the last four weeks I allowed myself to become anxious about a trivial situation regarding my daughter. Yesterday the Lord worked that situation out in a way far better than I even thought possible. The next time I am tempted to worry about the job search I am going to remind myself that God is in control and recall some of the many times He has worked things out in the past. As George McDonald said, "No man ever sank under the burden of the day. It is when tomorrow's burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear."

0 comments:

Post a Comment