The Hope That Lies Within

This week, my family gathered to bid farewell to my grandfather.  During the course of the weekend, I was told that some people were rather puzzled when they encountered various members of my immediate family, myself included, and found us to "not seem very upset" that our beloved father/grandfather had just died.  I mentioned this to my mother, who summed it up by saying, "I guess I just look at death differently than most people."  She is right.  We miss Grandad very much, and we all have had our moments, but we simply KNOW that we know where he is, and that we will see him again.  We do not "...sorrow as others who have no hope." (1 Thessalonians 4:13)  A friend of ours shared with us that just last week, she had said to him, "Denver, I want to take you to heaven with me!"  Grandad asked her how she was going to do that and what her husband would say (that's my Grandad!).  She very simply shared the Gospel with him and asked him to pray with her, not because she asked him to, but because he wanted to, and he prayed with her and gave his life to Jesus.  We simply know where he is...

O death, where is thy sting?  O grave, where is thy victory?  (1 Corinthians 15:55)


0 comments:

Post a Comment