Grateful


Since my health took a nose dive at the end of August I have struggled some days with the smallest of tasks. There have been days that I could barely get from the bed to the couch. When I could muster up the energy to take a shower, I did it sitting down. I had to rest between getting dressed and drying my hair. Makeup was too exhausting. Walking across the room made me sweaty and shaky. The sound of my heart pounding in my chest kept me awake at night.
  After being on a heavy duty medication regimen for 3 weeks, I am finally beginning to see some improvement. Numbers for vital signs and blood counts are shifting closer to normal. Energy is coming back in short doses. I am feeling grateful for little things that I usually didn't give thought to.....like being able to walk across the room without fainting, run the vacuum, make my bed, take my kids to school, pick up groceries, and put laundry away.
   I have been blessed over and over again by my parents and other family member as well as friends who have jumped in to help me. I have had laundry washed, rooms cleaned, kids taken to appointments, food brought by, and dishes cleaned up. I have had accommodations made for me. I have had people call me, text me, and visit me. I am overwhelmed at the prayers and words of encouragement that have been spoken to me and for me. My kids have even stepped up at times to help with cleaning, cooking, and laundry.
   I am so very grateful for every kind gesture, every positive word, and every beautiful person that I have encountered over the past month. I am grateful for every minute that I don't feel sick.....for every hour that I don't crash and have to nap....for every work shift that I am able to complete.....for every task that I have the energy to tackle.....and for the hope that all of this is temporary.




0 comments:

Post a Comment