Help

This past week, I woke up with a headache that started on Wednesday. It was a doozy. I took headache meds. Nothing touched it. I went about my day, I went to bed, next morning, I still had a headache. I went to my daughters school for class pictures, fell into a hole, and wrenched my ankle. Not broken, not twisted badly, but it makes me limp a little still. Came home took meds tried to sleep but now head AND ankle throbbed all night. Friday, I woke up with the same headache. This had never ever happened. Then I started crying for absolutely no reason. I called my doctor, she set up a same day appointment for me, I called my mom, and she and Dad came that day.
Now, Dad had been sick for a week and Mom wasn't feeling great, but they came. When they showed up, the relief was palpable until I saw their condition. Well, buy this time I had been administered a shot of Toradol in my hip and the headache was gone. But we then proceeded to help each other.
God brought us together in a time when we were both hurting physically and used our care for each other to alleviate pain. I started getting soup out and they started talking and laughing with me. As is so often in life, when I stopped focusing on me and started focusing on others, my hurts started to feel better.
The shot in my hip was meant to break the headache cycle. What God uses comraderie for is to break the poor pitiful me cycle. The Bible says it this way, "A cord of three strands is not easily broken." We as people need each other. I know I get a palpable boost in my mood when I dig in and help others. Remember in hard times to look up, look around, and love where needed most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment