10 days and counting....

   Ten days ago I woke up to my alarm. I got up and began to get ready for church. I was feeling a little anxious, but brushed it off thinking it was from the long day I had at work on Saturday.
  At church I began to feel hot, but my skin was cool and damp to the touch. On a whim, I checked my pulse on my smartphone...... 123. I thought that I was just tired and planned on taking a nap when I got home.
   After going out to grab some lunch, I was sitting in my van and checked my pulse again...... 138. It was strange. I wasn't feeling sick. I wasn't having any pain. I decided to go to the Emergency Department to get checked.
   After an overnight stay at the hospital I left with 8 pages of discharge instructions, 2 diagnosis, 4 prescriptions, 1 order for a glucose monitor, and I am scheduled for additional testing this week. Since being discharged and starting the treatment regimen, instead of feeling better I have been feeling increasingly worse. It feels like every system in my body is revolting and my world has come to a screeching halt. Tasks that 10 days ago would have been tackled with ease now leave me exhausted and shaky.
   I am not sure what the next few days or weeks will bring and I would be lying if I said I haven't worried about it. However, I trust the One who holds my future in the palm of His hand. He made me.  He knows me. He loves me.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment