One Little Thing

We moved something like a month ago, and everything is everywhere. I am beginning to see counter space, but every room has me singing that classic Sesame Street song, "One of These Is Not Like The Others." Even things that I've previously sorted have to be removed to someplace else when other storage options are discovered or created. It makes for seemingly limitless reasons not to work on my regular work.
At first the excuse that if I just plowed in now, I'd make such a difference it would be worth delaying things for. Now that it's about one drawer or one bin, I think to myself, "It's just one more bin. It won't take long." And it doesn't. And neither does the next one. Or the next one. Or the next one.
Having an orderly house matters, and this house delightfully repays all attempts at bringing order, but my daily work of homeschooling, writing, studying and above all prayer is important and should be non-negotiable. It is time for me to recognize and enforce that one of these chores is not as important as the others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment