Core?

     My husband and I have come to the conclusion that our being in two states, dictates that we cyber-home-school our daughter Sarah. Sarah is doing the Florida State approved Core curriculum. I know first hand what she is learning. So far, it's not horrible. The math is seriously confusing though. I say this after having been in a public school myself. Math now, comes naturally to me because I use it all the time in my job as an office manager for a doctor, but when I was in school, I struggled.
    I know that every Christian organization in America has issues with this Core stuff. So I went into this with a tainted view point. Thankfully, my husband made me look at the overall picture and my wonderful cousin, who has a teaching degree and knowledge of the core curriculum, said, "it's OK". The math is different, no joke. They tried to put it in it's simplest term for those who had a hard time grasping the concept. It frustrates we who can skip a few steps. However, those that do not fully understand it, well, it may be helpful. That's just my personal viewpoint.
    It's that way with God. You may be asking, what? How does this curriculum have anything to do with God? Well, if you get right down to it, God controls everything on this planet. God, has a purpose for everything He does and allows. Now, we may fuss and bother about what this world does to us, because we Christians are not of this world, and in some cases we should do so, but it's best to have some reference point as to what those of this world are talking about.
    My point is this, it is a good idea to have some knowledge of what others are dealing with in school, and in general, even if it doesn't connect with our personal belief system overall. I am passionate to the point of being overbearing at times about what the word of God says, no joke! However, in the desire of understanding what others are trying to say, and having the ability to intelligently speak to them, if we have a point of reference in order to connect with them, we may win them to Christ. The bible says to be as wise as a fox but as innocent as a lamb. Understanding what someone else is saying has it's merits, even if we don't agree, at the Core.

0 comments:

Post a Comment