A Little Cooperation

This is my lovely basement classroom half destroyed, halfway through school. It's still a bit ragged around the edges because of moving, but I am finding the compartmentalization it offers is good for the kids. I've worked hard on this basement and on the plans for school. I've put my heart into it trying to really engage my kids and prepare them for life. I love it. 
So, why is this basement so quiet this time of day? I happen to be all out of ideas for dealing with one of my children. We went through my entire repertoire of disciplinary techniques before lunch.  The day I have planned is fun, stickers, games, art projects, independent projects, videos, fart markers, but this one would rather be banned then behave reasonably. I literally don't know what to do next. Fear not, I always come up with something, but I'm taking a breather.
It's at moments like these that I wonder where God is with me right now. I know he could never be out of ideas or patience, but the Bible makes it clear he is not afraid of applying some tough love. Am I entering into the day he has planned for me, or am I serving myself? Am I rejecting skills and truths I will need for the future? Am I accepting painful practice? I don't know, but I know God is the best parent. I know it is always worth cooperating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment