Sun!

     I woke up sick last week, after coming home early from work the day before, also because I was sick. I called my primary care physician. He told me that it was sun poisoning. The only cure he offered was to drink lots of water. Probably because he knew I would not take a drug if he offered it. I was relieved to know what it was and immediately went home to drink some coffee. I had not had any for days and was in need of it to keep my digestive system moving properly.
   I got sun poisoning when we went to Florida on vacation last month. I took precautions. I used sun protection on my face, but only a low one for my body. I had a tan before I left because I did not want that very thing to happen. I love the sun & feel better when I am in it....except when I'm in it for two days in a row for over six hours each day, that is. I got every symptom; swelling in the face, fever and chills, confusion, faintness, headache, dehydration, itchy skin & upset stomach. I couldn't even see correctly for a while and had shooting pains at times.
    Before I knew for sure what the problem was, my mom said, "Maybe you have shingles". I have had shingles before. I got rid of shingles in five days before, no drugs. Only loads of water, 4 L-lysine every few hours and nothing but meat & veggies to eat because sugar and acid feed shingles.
    My symptoms are all gone except the itchy skin. I feel like I have chicken pox. It's awful. I have had boat loads of water, coconut water, taken L-lysine like candy, probiotics and more water. I'm still digging & itching. My only relief is a half hour after I take L-lysine for a few hours. Then it starts again. The other bad thing is that my rockin tan is almost gone.
    Will I go in the sun again? Oh yeah! I want the vitamin D3 and vitamin C from it. I'm about to go in my attic for a redneck sauna just to feel it's warmth and sweat out toxins, no really. However, I will take more precautions and cover up when I can go in the sun in the future. Which will probably be next summer. Everything God makes is good. The sun is no exception. However, moderation of these good things, is best. I'm so glad I don't have to take God in moderation. One may have as much of God as they like and there are no bad side effects to be had. In heaven, the sun will be out all the time, and we won't be poisoned or get cancer from it. Looking forward to heaven. Praise His name!

0 comments:

Post a Comment