Running on Empty

   

There are many days that I roll out of bed and hit the ground running. I fly from one task or appointment to the next rarely breaking stride. Lately, however, I find myself simply running out of steam. I fail to accomplish what I set out to do and end up frustrated. This is one of those days.
    I was late for my first appointment thanks to an uncooperative child. I had to cancel my next appointment due to locking myself out of the house and having to send my daughter through a window. My third appointment lasted longer than I had planned for. After losing my keys for the second time in one day and then driving 35 minutes (arriving 15 minutes late), my fourth appointment was cancelled due to an illness.
   In the midst of all of this, I was dealing with a whole mess of what I will call "stuff". Today feels like a total bust. Nothing accomplished. Nothing resolved. Exhausted. Depleted. Defeated.
   Today is coming to a close, and I am already trying to plan for what is to come when my eyes open tomorrow morning. These are the times when I desperately need to be refilled and recharged with hope for a new day. So for tonight, I will find comfort in Romans 15:13 which says "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit".

0 comments:

Post a Comment