Grateful

Life has been so very busy lately.  Working, running North for church and band performances, South for family and band rehearsals and ministry and more work...busy, busy, busy!!!  At times it seems as though my husband and I are constantly heading in opposite directions and barely have time to speak to one another.  


A few nights ago Philip spent the night away from home, and when he called to tell me goodnight, I told him that it was reminiscent of when we were courting.  My heart leaped when he said, "I'd court you all over again!"  As a matter of fact, those words resound in my head on a daily basis.  I cherish every moment that we have together, and I love that he does the same.  We recently discovered that we had a weekend with no commitments and when I was checking with him to see if we had anything planned, he responded with, "SHHH!!!  Don't tell anyone!"  Five minutes later he had three people try to make plans, and he turned them down, telling them that we were going into hiding for the weekend.  That speaks volumes to me, as one of my love languages is "quality time".  When I see him purposely set aside time and guard it fiercely against the onslaught of endless activities,  nobody could ever convince me that I was anything other than deeply loved and highly valued!  I am so very grateful, and I breathe a prayer of thanks to the Lord every day for blessing me with a love that has shown itself to be "exceedingly, abundantly above all that I could ask or imagine..." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment