No End In Sight


As Christians we have been called to love others. Sounds pretty simple, right? It is....as long as you love from a distance and equate politeness with love. But what about when God starts stirring your heart towards folks who are more difficult to love? What about when you feel like He wants you to offer more than a smile and an encouraging word? What about when you start looking past behaviors and really start seeing hurting hearts? What about when you stop passing judgement and get into the nitty gritty of someone's life? 
   But when you start putting those thoughts into action, it can get messy. You can get hurt. You will definitely be taken advantage of at some point. You will feel frustrated. Your faith will be challenged. You will have those moments where you wonder what in the world you were thinking to get involved in the first place. You may even retreat for a time to regroup and question if this is really what you are supposed to be doing.
  How do I know??  Because I have been there. I am there. And yet, I still feel called. Even if my heart is broken. Even if they don't bless me. Even when they don't love me back. Even when I think I have nothing else to offer. Even though I may never see the end result.

Galations 6:9 "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. " NAS

0 comments:

Post a Comment