Change is good. Change is good. Change is good.

When I was younger, we had moved twice, but when we returned to my mother's  hometown I thought we'd be there forever.  We did stay for nine years, which is forever in a child's life, but not quite long enough. I had ambitions about cheer captain and Student Council President when we suddenly moved to a suburb of Washington DC. It felt like the end of my life. We were away from my grandparents, in a new culture, and no one cared to know the Assistant Principal's kid, but that's where I found my husband. He is worth it. Change is good.

Recently that wonderful husband came home to tell me it was time to get serious about finding a new job. We had finally settled into a great groove with friends, homeschool, church, and all the connections that make life happy. Kurt's news was unwelcome. The pin in the map kept changing as he applied for this and that job. We could have landed anywhere, but he found a great job a short distance from Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor is a dream location, a possible destination for retirement. The possibility of graduate study is something we both hope for, that made it worth packing our bags right there. Change is good.
Recently, three members of The Shepherd's fish have found that posting is getting in the way of more primary callings. They love the blog, but have to get priorities in order. I have been so blessed to reconnect with Ruth Kennedy, Heather Bowman, and Nicole HIll through this blog. I always knew they were sources of great wisdom, but getting to hear it every eight days was to be nurtured and to grow in so many ways. I hope you have found them equally enlightening. They may drop by to substitute for current writers or for a special project, but for now family and health have compelled them to step aside. If your life has been particularly touched by one of these ladies, take a moment to write a  comment on the post you love best from that author. We are in the process of finding other women with wisdom. I hope you will find change is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment