The Flock

I was reading and reflecting and this thought came through like a wave.  Hitting me hard and taking my breath back.  You see, in life their are these vultures that circle overhead.  They want to pick and nip, and mock and mimic.  Their whole life is spent on hovering around those they wish to tear apart and devour.
Though we have decided, resolved and planted our feet firm.  Firm in the fight for truth and love.  Firm in the spreading of grace that comes when the vultures leave.  They still circle above.

Now, I have to also make a choice.  To stand firm.  To protect.  To let the love pour out after it has overflowed.  To create an environment where my little flock can grow and stretch.  Where we can disciple and build trust.  Trust in our great heavenly father.  Who oversees all things and speaks us into our very existence.

My focus Lord, shall be on my flock. Not on the vultures in my head. God, help me to pour out, and break the chain of pride that wells up and holds tight.  Use me, oh Lord, to lead to you.  Your compassion and salvation will set us free.  Free to fly above the vultures that be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment