Encourage Me!

In reading one of Ann Voskamp's journal pieces, I recently discovered a website called "(in)courage" dedicated to encouraging women in their daily lives, and they are hosting their third annual conference, "(in) Real Life", on the last weekend of April, 2014.  The topic for the past two years has focused on living in community, and building relationships with other women.  This year, the theme is "We Need YOUR Story." When I read about the conference and what God has been doing in the lives of women all over the world, I decided to register this year, and to host a meet-up in my area.  I would like to invite any ladies reading this blog to check it out and consider registering as well.  This conference is different in that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL TO ATTEND THIS CONFERENCE; it comes to you!  Registration is free!  Here is how it works:  First, you register for the conference and sign up to attend a Meet-Up in your area.  On Friday, you watch the online content in the privacy of your own home, then on Saturday you attend a "Meet-Up" in your area, where you connect with other women to view the online content for that day, fellowship, make connections and possibly new friends, and build in community with others of like precious faith.  If there is no local Meet-Up, you could decide to host one yourself, as I am doing.  You can get more detailed information at www.incourage.me.  


When I found this site and the conference, it excited me for several reasons.  First, I have felt a strong desire to be an encourager of other women as God brings me across their paths.  Second, the Lord has been speaking to a group of us regarding The Story (God's Story), of which our individual and collective stories are an integral part.  Third, in the last year, God has placed me in community with 7 amazing women from The Shepherd's fish who inspire and encourage me, pray with me, laugh and/or cry with me, and are building something that is larger and grander than anything we could do as individuals.

So please, take a few minutes and check out (in)courage and the (in) Real Life conference, and consider joining me and sharing your story!

0 comments:

Post a Comment