The Fight Within

    I have dieted most of my life time. I have been everything from a size 0 while anorexic, to a size 20 while pregnant. I have read several books that I have put into practice, using my own body as the test subject.
    Lately my brain says one thing while my body another, why is this? It's simple really. The body tries to put weight on in cold weather, because it needs the extra insulation to stay warm. Also, the body is more likely to become ill in winter. It uses fat for energy while recuperating from an illness. These are basic survival instincts kicking in.
    Here is the problem we run into. January first, most people mentally choose to change what they eat. Because most people have gained weight over the holidays, due to eating yummy sugary goodies at every gathering. Unfortunately, our body's survival instincts are working directly against the brain's New plan. The apostle Paul says it best in Romans 7:15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.  
    So with all of that in mind, here is my plan. I'm not going to stress out over food. Rather, I'll eat some things that are less healthy, because I crave them, but most of the time I'll eat healthy nutritious things. Also, I'll be consciously drinking more water with fresh lime squeezed into it. Why? Because any citrus makes the body alkaline. An alkaline environment does not harbor disease but will repel it. An alkaline body is not swollen like an acidic body is, therefore I will be leaner. Not to mention, water flushes out toxins and helps the body with every function it does. This is a more balanced approach, therefore it's more likely to work. Above all, I'll be asking God what He would have me put into my body and asking His blessing upon it. This way all foods He has provided will be enjoyed. May God's temple, my body, be used for His glory in all things.
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment