First Love

The first man I fell in love with has now been my husband for 12 1/2 years. We met at a ballroom dancing class seventeen years ago, and the teachers at school talked about how I was "glowing" in those early days of our relationship. Similarly, people often seem to be glowing after accepting Christ as their personal Savior. My daughter became a Christian in the fall of 2012, and ever since then she has frequently been talking to her younger brother, Ian, about his need for a Savior. Although I applauded her concern for the salvation of others, he was just too young at the time to comprehend the gospel. If I asked him if he was a sinner, he always told me that he had never sinned. On January 20 Ian came up to me and announced that he was going to pray and ask God to wipe his heart clean. This time when I asked him if he had ever sinned, he was able to list some of his transgressions. He prayed and asked God to "wipe his heart clean and come into his body." After Ian prayed, he told me that he was so happy that he would be in Heaven with God, Mommy, and Nadia some day, and he was also glad that he would never meet Goliath. Evidently Goliath is the biggest "bad guy" in his four-year-old world. Although he seemed to be very sincere and seemed to comprehend what Christ did on his behalf, I had some doubts as to whether he truly was mature enough to take this step. Those fears have all been alleviated because he certainly has had that first love "glow." That first day he ran around the house and exclaimed to his father and sister that he was a Christian. Almost every day since then he has talked about his decision. What a delight it is to be around a new Christian! I never want the Lord to say that I lost my first love as was said of the church of Ephesus in Revelation 2. We love because He first loved us. What a Savior!

0 comments:

Post a Comment