Out Of The Blue

...that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God... (Colossians 2:2)


I have found myself to be a bit on the impulsive side at times.  Some of those impulses have resulted in costly lessons learned, but at other times, priceless moments that I wouldn't trade for anything!  The other night I was browsing for creative decorating ideas for Longing For Eden's upcoming CD release, and I ran across a post from a woman who is planning to attend the party. I have never met her, but I did know that she has been walking through some very dark times lately.  She had been on my heart for the past few days, so I quickly clicked on her name and sent a friend request.  I was surprised to see that she accepted right away, so I sent her a private message to encourage her and to let her know that she was on my heart.  We ended up chatting for nearly an hour, and soon after saying good night to each other, she posted that just when she needed to know that someone cared about her, God answered her cry by using a perfect stranger.  When I acted on my "impulse" to send her a friend request, little did I know that her heart was crying out for love and understanding at that very moment, and that I might be used to help bear her burden and to encourage her.  God is so amazing!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment