Be Mine


Image from: http://totallytwitterpated.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ducky_candyheart_bemine2_md.png


Ah, Valentine’s Day is coming.  This brings to mind incidents of nervous hope, crushing disappointment, embarrassment, and sometimes mishaps involving fire. (Believe me, you don’t want to know.)  When I was a teenager, our school sold carnations for hopeful young admirers to bestow upon their choices.  Every year, I received one carnation.  I knew it was from my father who was a teacher at my school, even though he would make the tag, “From a Secret Admirer.”  At the time, I was disappointed that there really wasn’t a young man admiring me, and that the only flower I got (and thought I’d ever get) was from my dad.  Now, I am thankful that my father cared enough to send me a flower, so that I would never be the only young lady with none.  Thanks, Dad, for admiring me when no one else was. Your love has always been true. Our Heavenly Father did that for us.  When we were truly unlovable, undeserving, and incapable of helping ourselves, He sent His Son, Who came willingly to die for us.  “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16. God loved the unlovable, and Christ thought we were “to die for.”  Christ gave Himself for us, that we might live for Him.  Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” The Author of Love defined it in Christ, all to plead with you, “Be Mine. I have made the Way for you. It is Finished.” His love is truer than death and larger than life, and through Him, we can truly learn to love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment