Taking It Easy


These are St. Martin's Kids. They live in St. Martin DePorres Orphanage in Tanzania. They need some cool stuff, like grain silos so that they can get through the rainy season on a tight budget. They used to need a wall around their property, and that and Martin the Warrior suggested to me that we use the Redwall books as inspiration for a fundraiser. It took a while, partly for me to get up my nerve and partly because projects move slow, but now it is definite, we will have a Redwall-inspired dessert competition building to an even greater Redwall project in the future.
I've been learning how to take a "no." Learning how to trust the Holy Spirit when he says a "yes" is coming. I have stacks of paper that are stapled four times with numbers I've called a minimum of twice, and color coded with information and dates in every kind of ink pen I own. We had to have four bakeries, and today was the day. I am still hoping for more, but God said yes to our event today. I am so glad to give him the praise and glory. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment