The Gut and God

   This has been a strange week. We took mom to the airport on Monday. When mom came to visit, she had a few extra health issues. They were resolved by the Florida sun, salt air & probiotics. Praise God for sending her to the environment she needed. Then my friend had a baby that had some issues due to birth complications, so antibiotics were administered. Then during one of Sarah's Language Arts exams, she read an article that explained how researchers have found that good bacteria can heal people. I was like, dah, finally they catch up with the natural world that has known this for centuries. Then it hit me, Sarah has been complaining of her stomach again. Ah, hello! These things all have to do with the gut. I felt like an idiot. I have researched this for years. I know these things.
   Why would Sarah have stomach issues? We all had the flu over Christmas. I had forgotten some of my vitamins and herbs in WV. So, I used what I had, since stores were closed, I couldn't remember where the natural stores were, and I was sick & tired any way. As a result I didn't have what we needed and couldn't head off the sickness. Therefore, we became worse. Sarah's throat swelled and we took her to the doctor. Of course, he prescribed antibiotics. Those go against everything in me, but it had been ten years since she had any antibiotics. They worked quickly for her because we don't use them. I also gave her probiotics and got a kicked up probiotic for after the antibiotics were done. However, it takes the body a while to recover from being taken down to zero bacteria. Not to mention, bad bacteria will grow quickly and easier, making one crave sweets and wheat, which is it's food. Therefore, if bad bacteria rules the gut, people become more susceptible to sickness.
    We let Sarah have some sweets because it was Christmas and gave her probiotics, but apparently not enough. So yeah, it took my mom, a baby and Sarah's Language Arts class, for God to wake me up. I finally realized Sarah needs good bacteria, no sugar or wheat, chicken broth and fermented foods full of good bacteria. Yep, I'm thick headed, but God has ways of making me understand. Praise Him for His long suffering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment