That's a Real God

    I don't get into sports games. However, when it comes to sports movies, I totally get into the game. Recently, I was watching "When the Game Stands Tall". I simply said out loud, "Why do I totally get into a sports movie game, but I hate games in general"? A light bulb went on! It's because I know the backgrounds of the characters in a movie, but have no clue about the people playing in a game.  I made a connection finally. It's about the people and their story, for me.
    When I watch a dramatic movie, I want the guy to get the girl. If it's a war movie, I want the bad guys to have their backsides handed to them. I get entrenched in movies and want the best for the good guys and the bad guys to get.... what they deserve. I am seriously upset when evil wins for a nano second. It's just how I'm wired.
    The best book I ever read, and still read, is the Bible. Good decimates evil, and it rocks! In the old testament, so many people mess up, but yet God still uses them to do His work. I mean, if people who mess up like that, are still usable material by God's standards, I have a chance, right? That's inspiring to me.
    A friend said that their sibling wouldn't listen about their relationship with God, because they weren't perfect and nagated all that God has done in their life because of their failures. I said, "Well I for one am thrilled that God is so powerful that He can, and does, use me in spite of my failures. I think It's awesome". I mean really, wouldn't it be easier for God to make perfect people to accomplish His will? God has only ever made one perfect person, but, God has the ability to make more. Yet, the God of the universe, uses imperfect us, to do great things. Now that's a real God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment