"It's a putter"

I have shared a couple of stories that go back many moons. Prior to accepting Christ in my life and going to Bible college within a year after I was a rank sinner, giving it my best shot. It is only the mercies of God that I lived to tell my story and I am not being dramatic-that is the truth.


I have a few more stories to tell about this time of my life in Bible school and then I'll move on. It is as fresh to me today almost as when I was living it. Although we had classes on the Pentatuch,Major and minor prophets, Psalms, the Gospel shared by Matthew, Mark ,Luke and John, the Epistles and Revelation etc it was introductory and not in depth. We had homiletics and Hermeneutics, Biblical History so on and so forth,  The main emphasis of this college was the spiritual aspect and it set the tone for my walk with God.


We learned how to lower the threshold of our yielding point to Him.We were taught about hearing the voice of God. I've got two funny stories about that to share. The first about the teacher-Rev. Cisco. He was sharing his own personal venture into "hearing God's voice." So he decided that at random times when he didn't have a clue-he would ask God to tell him the time as  an introductory lession of "Knowing" it was God.


He related how multiple times he would cover his watch with his hand, ask God the time, then thinking of a time looked and nope-that was not it. This happened periodically over a course of weeks. One night, in the middle of the night, he sat bolt right up in bed out of a deep sleep-heard "It's 3a.m. and sure enough it was 3 a.m. :)


I was doing private duty with a Dallas merchandiser who was recovering from a stroke. I took care of him in his luxurious lake home-what a beautiful setting. Anyway-I had also been praying to know the voice of God. As I walked out into the kitchen I noticed there was a golf club of some sort sitting in a corner. I picked it up and asked-"What kind of a club is this"? Before my patient could answer I heard "It's a putter"...soon my patient said the same thing. I went into the pantry and just giggled to myself. God has such a sense of humor!







0 comments:

Post a Comment