God knows Everything!

My friend Terri recently wrote encouraging us to share our stories that become part of His-story which brought something to my mind. As we are not all cookie-cutter people we never know what part of any story God can use to reveal Himself to another.


About a year after I moved back to MD from Texas (I still have a couple more Texas stories to share, just taking a little side trip :) anyway-I had just bought a new-good-used car and was taking my two older girls and making a trip back to Ft Worth to visit. A lady that I worked with, a single Mom, was having some pretty serious difficulties with her one teenage son. Her brother and family lived in Texas not to far from Dallas and she inquired if there would be anyway I would consider taking him with us to her brothers. She felt that this might help for him to be in a family with a father figure present and he had agreed to go but she wasn't sure how to get him there then she heard about my trip.


I agreed for him to go. About an hour east of Indianapolis Indiana I developed a steering problem, or so I thought. When I pulled onto the berm and got out of the car I saw that my right front tire had literally come apart and was hanging by the steel belts. I drove real slow to the next exit, not even knowing if the tire would make it. I had asked the girls to pray and we prayed for God to help us get to where we could get a tire. The young man asked why we did that and as I drove my daughters were explaining to him how God takes care of us.


At the next exit I pulled into a gas station they looked at the situation, tried through multiple phone calls to locate that size tire but to no avail.  There was nothing else at this exit and I ventured back on the highway and road the berm for another 10-12 miles. At that exit there were 2 services centers, same story. The last man told me "Ma'am-if you take this road here about 3 miles into the little town there is a Firestone store and most likely they can help you." When I pulled up to the service door of the Firestone store the remaining air went out of the tire. The man looked at it-found a tire-they put a tire on-charged me $200 and some odd dollars.


The kids and I got back in the car and I am lamenting the fact of the cost but thankful for the tire. I know NOTHING about tires but the thought came to my mind and would not let go "Did they check the tread wear?" I had no clue what that even meant but felt compelled to ask. I stopped the car and went back inside and asked that question. They looked a tad perturbed at me but said they would check. I saw them conversing among themselves and finally the manager came out and said they needed to put the car back in the bay. When I inquired as to why he stated that "when we checked the tread wear the one man noticed that this tire was on the recall list for the belts separating and that as all 4 tires were Firestone tires  that all 4 tires would be replaced with new ones and they refunded all my money. Thank you Jesus. The atmosphere in the car went from asking to praising--our God--that is.Needless to say we were thankful on so many levels and this set the stage for many God stories to be shared along the way.


We dropped "the boy' and went on our way. When I got back to work Mom told me that her brother was surprised that "son" agreed to go with them to church so readily. I resigned shortly after that and lost touch.About 10 years ago I bumped into his mother in Walmart and when I inquired as to how her son was doing she said "Bonnie-you won't believe this but became a christian in Texas. He is doing so good!He now has a small church he Pastors down in South Carolina and is doing very well."




God knows about tread wear and he knows that there is a young man speeding west in a Pontiac Granville with new tires straight into the arms of his heavenly Father. Pretty soon he will have his own stories to tell :) Some plant.....some water...and God gives the increase!

0 comments:

Post a Comment