Overwhelmed

  This depicts how I feel. Simply put, I feel overwhelmed. There are so many things swirling around at the moment that I just keep anticipating the crash of the wave swallowing me alive. 
   I know I am not the only one who has moments like this. We all have those times when life's circumstances seem to take over. Financial crisis. Family obligations. Relationship rifts. Health nosedives. The unexpected. These can instantly take our breath away and leave us reeling from the physical, emotional, or spiritual impact as we stagger around trying to find stable ground again.
   I keep hearing an old, but comforting tune running through my head. As I started to recall the lyrics, the song became even more soothing to my soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjhW8_KgcnM

"When my heart is overwhelmed
  Hear my cry, give heed to my prayer
  When my eyes are dimmed with tears
  O, Father, make them clear
  From the ends of all the earth
  When my heart is fainting
  Let me know that You have heard
  Lead me into safety
  And lead me to the Rock
  The Rock that's higher
  Lead me to the Rock
  That's higher than I"

Psalm 61:1-2


0 comments:

Post a Comment