What it needs.

     Been a rough week. I am not going to lie. As I sit here contemplating what I could say or type, so many things pop into my mind. Fragments that come all at once include these: A friend telling me that time and solid wisdom were invested into another friend who turned around and said, "you deserve hell." FERGUSON. What could I say that hasn't already been said? Gutwrenching no-easy-fix pain is happening there. Judgements on both sides are flat out wrong in some cases. The three hours I spent holding my son's hand as his body healed from severe dehydration due to virus. Catching said virus myself. Getting a tree as big as a whale. Surfing for good deals on things that will not be valued after a month. The treating of a lack of knowledge and a lack of intelligence. Falling down dead asleep before I could even say much of anything to Pete. Really troubling information about the natural environment and our lack of care for it. An insinuation that my husband, who is a family practice doctor, does not know the basics of viruses.
     As I sit here with this mixed bag of hurt and hope in my heart, I realize that the answer is truly love. So sappy, so complex, so called for. I cannot help but feel that it cannot be said enough we need to stop, take deep breaths, stop deeply offending each other, stop taking offense and push through to understanding. This is not a human reality. This is not something I can accomplish on my own. I personally need Jesus to overcome this. I need help to know when I am right, wrong, or something in between. I stand with Benjamin Watson in total agreement. We need love from Jesus and we need it now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment