Christmas This Year...

This Christmas has felt a little different for me, and a lot different for my husband and his family.  My dear father-in-law went home to be with the Lord two months ago, and Christmas preparations for the most part have felt very half-hearted.  I've watched my husband quietly go through the motions, and have been asking the Lord to show me how to be the help that he needs, and how to be a blessing and comfort to my mother-in-law, and even to the rest of the family as we are gathering this weekend for our first Christmas without our dear one.  This year, we are holding one another just a little tighter, and savoring the time that we have together just a little more.  I am praying that God will meet each one where they are, and that they will encounter Him in a tangible way, and come away from that encounter filled with His peace and joy and healing for their hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment